Shrimp Aguachile Tostaditas
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 lb. (small to medium sized) shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed and butterflied
- 1 Tbsp. fine sea salt
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
- ½ cup honeydew melon, small dice
- ½ cup red onion, small dice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 dz. small corn tortillas, 4" or 6"
- 2 cups canola oil
- ASSEMBLY AND GARNISH
- 1 avocado, sliced thin
- 4 oz. Cacique® Queso Fresco, crumbled
- 4 oz. Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria
HOW TO MAKE IT
- For shrimp marinade: Place cleaned shrimp in a shallow dish and cover with 1 cup of fresh lime juice and sea salt. Let it marinate in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or until the shrimp is light orange in color.
- For shrimp aguachile: Remove the shrimp from the marinade and discard marinade. Place the shrimp in a clean bowl and add the new fresh lime juice (½ cup), extra virgin olive oil, cucumber, melon, red onion, cilantro, mint, jalapeno, salt and pepper. Mix well and check seasonings.
- For tostaditas: Place the oil in a small to medium sauce pot and heat to 350ºF. Place one tortilla in the oil and cook for about 60 seconds or until golden brown and crunchy. Remove from the oil onto a paper towel. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas.
- For assembly: Spread Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria on the tostada. Place a spoonful of shrimp Aguachile on a tostada, add a couple slices of avocado, drizzle with Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria and add crumbled Cacique® Queso Fresco on top. Serve immediately.