Shrimp Mac and Cheese with Soy Chorizo
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 12 once box of pasta, cooked and drained (follow the package instructions)
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 9-ounce package of Cacique® Soy Chorizo
- 1 10-ounce Cacique® Manchego Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Cacique® Four Quesos Blend
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the topping:
- 4 tablespoon Cacique® Soy Chorizo, browned and cooked through
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¾ cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup Cacique® Four Quesos Blend
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. In large skillet heat oil on medium, add chorizo and cook for 2 minutes or until crisp. Remove 4 tablespoons of soy chorizo and set aside for topping. Add shrimp and cook for two minutes, but do not cooked through. Place shrimp in a bowl to cool.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour and cook for 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Gradually whisk in milk and half-and-half. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally and until thickened. Stir in Cacique® Manchego Cheese and Cacique® Four Quesos Blend into milk mixture until blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn off the heat.
- Stir the chorizo and shrimp mixture and macaroni until well combined. Make the topping by mixing the melted butter with the panko. Spoon the macaroni mixture into prepared baking dish and top with Cacique® Four Quesos Blend and panko mixture. Bake for 20 minutes or until hot in center and bubbly. Sprinkle on chopped parsley and serve while hot.