Skirt Steak Tacos with Cotija Cheese
WHAT YOU NEED
- 3/4- 1 pound lean skirt steak
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite meat rub
- 12 small 6 inch tortillas
- 1 cup crumbled Cacique® Cotija Cheese
- 1 avocado peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Fresh salsa
- 1 whole avocado
- 2/3 cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat your grill to a high heat. Season both sides of the skirt steak
- Place the steak onto the grill and cook without moving for 4-5 minutes.Turn the meat over and repeat. Transfer the steak to a plate, cover with foil and let rest.
- Place the tortillas on the grill and cook for about 20-30 seconds on each side, just enough to char the edges.
- Using a sharp knife slice the skirt steak across the grain into thin strips. Place two tortillas on top of each other. Place some of the steak onto the tortilla followed by the cheese, avocado and salsa. Garnish with fresh cilantro some of the avocado crema drizzled on top, serve at once.