Soy Chorizo Flautas With Avocado Crema
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 1/2 - tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 – chile de arbol
- 9 – ounces Cacique® Soy Chorizo
- 1 1/2 - pounds cooked pinto beans
- 4 – ounces Cacique® Manchego cheese (sliced) plus a few extra slices for the inside of the flautas.
- 8 to 10 – flour tortillas
- 1 – large ripe avocado
- 1 – cup Cacique® Ranchero® Crema con Sal
- 1/8 – cup fresh lime juice
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a large frying pan over a medium flame, add vegetable oil and chile de arbol. Let chiles heat in oil. Add in Cacique® Soy Chorizo and break it up with spatula to warm evenly. Cook for about 5 minutes until soy chorizo is hot. Add in pinto beans to the soy chorizo and allow them to get super hot by cooking for 5 minutes or until the mixture starts to boil.
- Once it starts to boil mash with a potato masher. Then add in the slices of Cacique® Manchego cheese. Let them melt then mix them in.
- On an open flame slightly heat the tortilla. Then remove from flame. Place 3 to 4 heaping tablespoons of creamy refried beans into the center of each tortilla. Add a few pieces of cheese to the top. Then fold into the same shape as a burrito. Set the flauta to the side.
- Heat a comal or pan over a high flame until hot. Place the flauta on the comal and allow it to get toasty on each side. While the flautas are getting crisp, add all ingredients for avocado crema to a blender, and blend till smooth. Place the soy chorizo flautas on a bed of greens and pipe the avocado crema over the top.