Spicy Cheesy Chipotle Potato Bites
WHAT YOU NEED
- 12 baby red potatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded Cacique® Queso Quesadilla, divided in half
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cooked Cacique® Pork Chorizo
- 1/4 cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 1 1/2 tablespoons adobo sauce or chipotle salsa
- Optional: finely chopped cilantro to garnish
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Prick potatoes with a fork and microwave for 5 minutes in a microwave-safe dish. Remove from microwave and set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- In a measuring cup, mix Crema Mexicana, adobo sauce, cooked chorizo and 1/4 cup of cheese. Set aside.
- Once potatoes are cool enough to touch, cut them in half and use a small spoon to scoop the middles out so you have little potato skin boats.
- Place potato skin boats on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Spoon the crema, chorizo and cheese mixture into each potato skin. Sprinkle a little extra cheese on the top from the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese. Place under the broiler for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese on top begins to bubble and brown. Remove from broiler and allow to cool slightly. Finely chop a few sprigs of cilantro, sprinkle on top and serve.