Squash Blossom Quesadilla
WHAT YOU NEED
- 4 oz. Cacique® Queso Quesadilla, shredded
- Olive oil, for cooking
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 poblano pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 10 individual fresh squash blossoms, or 2 cups of sliced zucchini
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 3 sprigs fresh epazote, or cilantro, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Heat a large sauté pan with a little oil and sauté the onion, garlic, and the roasted poblano pepper for 5 minutes until the onions have become translucent.
- Add the squash blossoms and deglaze with chicken stock. Add the epazote or cilantro, and cook for another 5 minutes until squash blossoms have wilted. Season with salt and pepper and set aside to cool.
- To compose the quesadilla, lay 2 of the tortillas on a flat surface. Distribute the cheese equally on both tortillas. Then, spread ½ of the squash blossom filling over the cheese. Cover with the other tortilla, place on heated griddle on nonstick sauté pan with a little oil, and cook for 3 minutes on each side. When nice and golden brown on each side and cheese has melted, remove and cut into quarters.