WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- Juice and zest of a small orange
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼-⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1½ cups Cacique® Crema Mexicana
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Hull and slice the strawberries into a medium bowl. Toss them gently with the orange zest and juice and the vanilla. Add the sugar, starting with the smaller amount, tasting a berry to see if they are sweet enough and adding more as needed.
- In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer to whip the cream cheese until it’s fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Beat in the Crema Mexicana, until the mixture is light and creamy, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- With a large spoon, fold the strawberries and any juices into the crema mixture. Taste and gently stir in more sugar if desired. Serve at once, or chill, covered, for up to 3 hours before serving.