Strawberry Yogurt Cake With Roasted Peaches & Orange Crema
WHAT YOU NEED
- FOR THE CAKE
- 1 7-ounce bottle Cacique® Strawberry Yogurt Smoothie
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest (reserve the orange for juicing)
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- FOR THE PEACHES
- 3 ripe peaches
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- FOR THE ORANGE CREMA
- 1 cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and butter an 8-inch round cake pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the Cacique Strawberry Yogurt Smoothie, melted butter, eggs and orange zest. Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt and stir just to combine, being careful not to overmix the batter (or the cake won’t be as tender).
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 18 to 20 minutes, just until the center is set and the cake is golden.
- Turn up the oven heat to 450°F. Peel the peaches and cut into coarse chunks. Lightly butter a baking dish and lay the peach chunks in it. Sprinkle with the brown sugar and dot with the butter. Roast for 8 to 10 minutes, until the peaches are softened and browned in spots.
- In a separate bowl, stir the Cacique Crema Mexicana, the juice of the orange and the sugar together.
- To serve, put a wedge of cake on a plate, spoon the roasted peaches over the top, and drizzle with the orange crema.