Tacos with Carne Asada, Pork Chorizo, Chicharron and Chile Pasilla Sauce
WHAT YOU NEED
- For the Chile Pasilla Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 5 tomatoes, cut in quarters
- 1 white onion, cut in quarters
- 3 Pasilla chiles (seedless), rehydrated in hot water
- Salt to taste
- For the Tacos
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 5 ounces Cacique Pork Chorizo (half a 9-ounce package)
- 10 ounces skirt steak, diced
- 7 ounces Pasilla sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons crushed pork rinds
- 6 Corn tortillas
- Cilantro, to garnish
- ¼ cup Cacique Ranchero Queso Fresco, crumbled
HOW TO MAKE IT
- First, prepare the Chile Pasilla Sauce. In a hot pan add the oil, white onion and cook until golden brown. Add the tomatoes and the whole garlic cloves. Cook for 5 minutes until the tomatoes are fully cooked. Remove the Pasilla chiles from the water and add them to the pan, then cook for 2 more minutes. Move to a blender, blend until smooth, and add salt to taste.
- In a hot pan, add the oil and the Cacique Pork Chorizo, then cook for 3 minutes.
- Next, add the diced skirt steak. Season with salt and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the Chile Pasilla sauce and half of the crushed pork rinds. Taste, and add more salt if needed.
- To plate, heat the corn tortillas in a pan on both sides. Once warmed, fill each tortilla with the chorizo, steak and Chile Pasilla Sauce mix. Top each taco with the other half of the crushed pork rinds, and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and crumbles of Cacique Ranchero Queso Fresco before serving.