Tlacoyos with Chorizo and Queso Fresco
WHAT YOU NEED
Hatch Chile Salsa Verde
- 1 package Cacique® Pork Chorizo
- 2 cups of corn masa, prepared
- 1 Tbsp salt
- Water to knead
- 2 cups of refried black beans, cooked
- Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria, for garnishing
- Cacique® Hatch Chile Salsa Verde, for garnishing
- Cacique® Queso Fresco, crumbled for garnishing
- Fresh Jalapenos, thinly sliced for garnishing
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Over a large clean surface, add the corn masa, salt, some water and knead with your hands until the masa softens.
- Divide masa and beans into 8 parts. Make the tlacoyos filling the masa with the refried beans. Form into a flat football shape.
- Cook the tlacoyos on a comal on medium heat for 15 min or until cooked, flipping over halfway through.
- Heat the Cacique® Fully Cooked premium Pork Chorizo according to package heating instructions.
- Serve while they are still warm and garnish with the fully cooked premium pork chorizo, queso fresco, hatch chile salsa verde and jalapeño slices. Enjoy.