Wet Burrito with Chicken and Cacique® Crema Mexicana & Oaxaca
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (8oz each) cans tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 6 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 avocados, halved, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 8 oz Cacique® Oaxaca, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups tomatillo salsa
- water, as needed
- 1/2 cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1 1/4 cups of the broth, beans, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the chili powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt and heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the oil, garlic and remaining 3 tablespoons of chili powder in a large saucepan set over medium-high heat. Cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Stir in the tomato sauce and remaining 1 cup of chicken broth. Bring to a simmer. Nestle the chicken into the sauce, then cover and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and cook until the chicken registers 160ºF, 10 to 15 minutes, flipping the chicken halfway through cooking.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and allow cooling slightly. Use 2 forks to shred the chicken. Place the chicken in a bowl then toss the chicken with 1/4 cup of the cooking sauce plus 2 tablespoons of cilantro. Set the remaining sauce aside.
- Place the oven rack in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 450ºF. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Wrap the tortillas in a damp towel and microwave until they are soft and pliable, about 1 minute. Lay the tortillas on a work surface, then place a mound of beans down each tortilla, close to the edge. Top with some of the chicken, avocado and Cacique® Oaxaca. Fold the sides then the bottom over the filling, rolling tightly into a burrito. Place the burritos seam side down on the baking sheet, cover with foil, and cook until heated through, 20-30 minutes.
- Before serving, whisk the salsa and 2 tablespoons of cilantro together in a bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute. Reheat the red sauce in the saucepan over medium heat until hot, adding water as needed to loosen the sauce.
- Arrange the burritos on individual plates. Pour the tomatillo sauce over one-half of each burrito, and the red sauce over the other half. Drizzle the top with Cacique® Crema Mexicana and sprinkle on additional cilantro to serve.