With patriotic colors to celebrate 4th of July, this recipe for Bunuelos with Fresh Fruit and Honey Crema is a perfect summer holiday treat!
WHAT YOU NEED
- Cacique Crema Mexicana
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 12 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Vegetable oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 cups raspberries, blueberries, sliced strawberries, and peaches
- Optional-mint for garnish
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Combine sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in large plastic bag and shake.
- Heat 1-inch of cooking oil in skillet and fry one tortilla at a time until golden brown on each side. Drain on paper towels.
- Let cool slightly and place in bag with sugar mixture shaking lightly to coat.
- In a small saucepan, warm honey until easily stirred, but not liquid and add Crema Mexicana.
- Top bunuelos with fresh fruit, drizzle with Honey Crema and serve immediately.