Well… it’s football season again!!
Some of my favorite parties to host are football/soccer parties. I love making finger food, and lately I’m kind of obsessed with mini food. I have been making “mini” versions of my favorite appetizers: mini empanadas, arepas, sliders, etc. And today was the turn of these mouthwatering Chorizo Taco Cups.
To make the filling you can use just one kind of meat, or you can mix a few different kinds together, like I did, to give your filling different flavors and textures. I used a “meatloaf mix” package. This is nothing more than ground beef, veal, and pork combined and it’s available at most groceries store.
When it comes to football food my husband has 3 rules: It has to be decadent, cheesy, and easy to eat, so finger foods and easy to carry items are a must!
These tasty Chorizo Taco Cups are perfect! Delicious, fun, and (most importantly) easy to make! The outside is crisp and crunchy, but the inside is soft and cheesy. The other good thing about this recipe is that you can load them up with all of your favorite toppings.
Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1.5 lb ground meat
- 4.5 oz Cacique® Beef or Pork Chorizo
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 3 garlic gloves, minced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup Cacique® Queso Quesadilla cheese
- 1/2 Ranchero® Crema Con Sal
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 1 cup avocado, diced
- Cilantro leaves, chopped
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Brown ground beef and Cacique® Beef of Pork Chorizo in large skillet over medium-high heat until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Add onion, garlic, and green peppers. Season with salt and pepper to taste; cook for 3–5 minutes. Drain if necessary.
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Generously coat a standard size muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Line each cup of prepared muffin tin with 2 wonton wrappers. Add 2 tablespoons chorizo mixture. Top with 1 tablespoon of Cacique® Queso Quesadilla.
- Bake for 10 -12 minutes until, cheese is melted, and edges are golden. Top with Ranchero® Crema Con Sal, tomato and avocado. Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.