WHAT YOU NEED
- ½ 4 ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 ounces Cacique Queso Fresco, crumbled
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon, orange zest
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 packages puff pastry, thawed
- berries (strawberries, cranberries, blue berries, black berries)
- 3 tablespoons Cacique Crema Mexicana
- Sanding sugar
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven 400° F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine cream cheese, queso fresco, egg, vanilla, orange zest and granulated sugar in the bowl of the stand mixer. Mix until creamy and well combined. Set aside.
- Slice one sheet of puff pastry into 4 squares. Place a tablespoon of cheese mixture and 4 berries in the middle of each puff pastry square. With a sharp knife make cuts from the center of each square toward each corner. Do not cut underneath cheese mixture. Fold one corner from each piece you’ve cut into the center, pressing lightly atop the berries. Repeat the cutting and folding process with the remaining pastries. Brush pasty with Crema Mexicana and bake for 15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.