Winter is here and warm sweet drinks are making their way into our holiday parties and chilly night get-togethers. Lately, hot chocolate bars have been all the rage, but what if we give the hot chocolate bar an adult twist and create a creamy cocktail bar with Cacique® Crema Mexicana? Delicious drinks can be customized to your liking. Whether you mix in cacao powder, cinnamon or coffee granules to the crema, your cocktail becomes your very own signature creation. Just add your favorite liquor for a nice kick, serve it warm or over ice and you’ve got yourself a holiday party favorite among your guests.
For non-alcoholic, kid friendly drinks, substitute liquor with vanilla extract, hazelnut extract or peppermint extract to taste. Top with whip cream, sprinkles and a bright red cherry for a festive treat.
It’s the season to celebrate! Toast the beginning of the New Year with your very own Cacique® cocktail!
Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 1 4-inch cinnamon stick
- 2 ounces whisky per individual serving
- 1 ounce Frangelico per individual serving
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream per individual serving
- ground cinnamon for garnish
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a medium saucepan over low medium heat, bring milk, crema and cinnamon stick to a gentle simmer for 10 minutes. Stir constantly to avoid any milk sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from heat, remove cinnamon stick and pour into individual serving glasses. Add whisky and Frangelico and stir to combine. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.