For Halloween I decided to make jalapeño poppers. How cute are these mummies? They are so easy to make and I can almost guarantee that everyone will enjoy them. No Halloween party will be complete without a plate of these delicious mummies.
The Jalapeños are stuffed with tasty chorizo, Manchego cheese, and wrapped in crescent roll dough. But be warned, because they these spooky mummies are highly addictive. For the Halloween festivities you can make these mummies ahead of time and then just bake them right before the party. Hope you have a “spook”tacular Halloween feast!
Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 10 jalapeño peppers, stemmed, seeded and halved
- 8 ounce Cacique® Manchego cheese, shredded
- 8 ounce Cacique® Soy Chorizo (You can use beef or pork chorizo too)
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 - 8 ounce package refrigerated crescent rolls
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 20 Candy eyeballs
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown chorizo for about 10 minutes. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add cheese, green onions and season with salt a pepper to taste. Mix until well blended.
- Roll out the crescent rolls dough and press your fingers into the perforations to seal them. Using a pizza cutter cut thin pieces of dough lengthwise. Cut the jalapeños in half and fill each halve with the cheese mixture. Wrap each jalapeño with the dough to create your mummy. Remember to leave a space for the eyes. Bake the jalapeños for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. As soon as you remove mummies from the oven, add two candy eyes in each top opening. Serve immediately.