This Leek and Queso Fresco Quiche is absolutely divine! Filled with Cacique’s very own Queso Fresco, leeks, and ham in a flaky crispy crust. Perfect for any Easter breakfast, brunch, or even breakfast-for-dinner. This quiche filling turns out amazing every time I make it and it can be easily adaptable to suit your family’s taste buds. Try making it meatless, add mushroom or corn, whatever your preference is, it’s going to be delicious. It is simple to make, so I can say with confidence that you’ll love this quiche!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup ham, cut into small pieces
- 3 medium leeks, whites and light green parts only, washed and sliced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Cacique® Queso Fresco, crumbled
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Place pie crust in 9-inch pie or quiche pan, lightly prick bottom of dough all over with a fork and partially bake crust 6 - 8 minutes or until very lightly browned. Set aside.
- Heat butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add ham and cook for 2 minutes, or until lightly brown. Add leeks and cook, stirring occasionally, until leeks soften and begin to brown, 5 - 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and heavy cream, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add cooked leek mixture over the baked crust. Sprinkle Queso Fresco. Pour egg mixture over the leeks and cheese. Bake on top rack until center is just set, puffed and golden brown, about 25 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.