Here’s a tasty way to add a nice surprise to your Easter brunch, or even lunch or dinner: Queso Fresco-Filled Pan Dulce Waffles. Because they are already so sweet, you don’t need syrup or butter, just a drizzle of Cacique® Crema Mexicana! You can serve them whole, or cut them into bite-size appetizers. The result is delicious because the edges are crispy, and the center soft and creamy!
Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Create the cheese filling by mixing together Queso Fresco, Crema Mexicana and sugar. Beat on low until it is creamy, it will be a little lumpy, but that’s fine!
- Slice the top off of the concha and carefully remove some of the bread. This will create a cavity to place the filling.
- Place a tablespoon of the filling inside the concha and carefully replace the top.
- In a pre-heated waffle maker, coat with non-stick spray and place the concha in the center. Close the lid. Because the concha is so thick, you’ll need to hold the lid down and slightly press. After a minute or so, lift the lid and use a spatula to carefully remove the concha.
- If you don’t want them to look as flat, don’t press down as hard on the lid. You want them to be crispy around the edges.
- Set on a plate and drizzle with the Crema Mexicana!