For your upcoming spooky Halloween party, there are plenty of DIY decorating and menu ideas that will make your event a wicked good time. We like having plenty of finger foods at our parties since many people will be wearing outlandish costumes and it will be easier for them to enjoy the food and allow them to mix and mingle with the other ghouls in the crowd.
We’ve created a simple and fun orange monster with creepy eyes that will sit in the middle of our buffet table. It’s a cheese ball of Cacique Panela encrusted with crushed cheese puffs. You’ll want to surround it with your favorite crackers. The panela is good on its own but will easily complement any other condiment you’d like to add, such as a spicy jalapeño jam or even some sweet, fresh fruit.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 cups Cheese puffs
- 2 – 10 ounce packages Cacique Panela
- Candy eye balls or olives
- Red or green pepper
- Crackers to serve
- Large freezer bag
- Mallet or rolling pin
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Put cheese puffs into a large freezer bag. Using a mallet or rolling pin, crush the cheese puffs into a fine dust.
- Round off the edges of one of the panela cheese rounds. This will be the top part of the head. Roll both pieces in cheese puff dust and stack on a serving platter.
- Decorate with edible eye ball candies by pressing them into the cheese monster, or sticking them on toothpicks. Cut and shape teeth/fangs made with red bell peppers or other edible veggies with scissors and attach with toothpicks. Serve with crackers. Place the platter as the centerpiece on your buffet and watch as your waif-like witches turn into hungry beasts and devour every bite.